Who we are / Profile
Ana Aqra Association is a non-profit, non-sectarian, non-political organization founded in 1994. Officially established in 1998, Ana Aqra Association holds the registration number 29/AD, dated February 16, 1998.
Ana Aqra Association targets the educational, cultural and psychosocial needs of underprivileged children of Lebanese public schools and their communities.
Ana Aqra Association builds the capacity of school teachers and administrators to improve teaching and learning.
Ana Aqra Association also provides education in emergencies aligned with both the national education strategy and the Interagency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) standards.
The main focus of Ana Aqra Association is to advance literacy and promote independent learning.
To foster an equitable and sustainable learning environment for all through:
• Empowering children to be independent learners
• Building teacher capacity
• Advocating active learning communities
• Providing essential resources and tools
• Developing differentiated state of the art tools and techniques for Arabic language learning
• Supporting public schools to become the school of choice
To make learning accessible to all children
- We believe in the child's right to equitable quality education
- We believe in an education that supports independent learning
- We believe in inclusive, safe and enabling learning environments
- We believe in making education an enjoyable experience
- We believe in professional development for sustainable improvement of teaching and learning
- We believe in building a community of learners